[Libwebsockets] polling for file descriptor i/o

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Mar 5 06:23:38 CET 2017

On March 5, 2017 1:16:08 PM GMT+08:00, Per Bothner <per at bothner.com> wrote:
>On 03/04/2017 07:08 PM, Andy Green wrote:
>>> As long as I have the *option* of serving the zip file from memory
>>> (either
>>> mmap or initialized data).
>>
>> Can you live with creating it in a tmpfs?  If not we can probably
>figure another way.
>
>For ldomterm it's not a big deal.  For some environments it would be
>preferable to have a "resource" zipfile pre-loaded in static data
>in the executable (for both speed and simplified deployment),
>but I don't see it making much difference to ldomterm.
>
>Why can't we use the virtual fops to access the zipfile?

It works like that here atm... the platform fops are used to access the zip file and in-lws optional fops_zip used the access stuff inside the zipfile.  On ESP8266/32 the bulk data storage is not in the memory map, so it's absolutely necessary to touch the zipfile using platform fops that understand how to get the file data.

I'll look at a better way of generalizing 'stack of fops' after this is all working again... atm if you enable zip fops he always gets the first look-in at open and decides if no ".zip/" in the filepath to hand it off to the platform fops directly.