[Libwebsockets] Announce: libwebsockets.org using lwsws with http/2

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Oct 10 09:25:14 CEST 2017

Hi -

The http/2 support has reached the point it seems good enough to start
testing on https://libwebsockets.org / https://warmcat.com , so that is
now running current master.

It passes h2spec.

OpenSSL / ALPN works.

POST is hooked up.

Redirect works.

:path is hooked up to the existing urldecode state machine, so ?x=y type
stuff is handled and ../../../etc/password type stuff is mitogated as it
is for http/1.

The last days I wired up CGI to http/2, which was a bit more complicated
than it sounds since http/2 forcibly deprecates transfer-encoding, even
though many cgi only emit transfer-encoding: chunked.  Lws strips the
emitted header if found and removes the chunking.

I've tested it on current Firefox + Chrome and it seems in good shape.

In lws http/2 doesn't displace http/1 and ws support which just
continues to run alongside it as before.  That means everything just
works from :443 by default.

Please let me know if you find any problems.