[Libwebsockets] latest commit breaks DomTerm's http serving

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Thu Oct 12 03:03:46 CEST 2017

On 10/11/2017 05:19 PM, Per Bothner wrote:
> One more clue.  It looks like serving a wrong file is associated
> with re-using a previous wsi. Note how who 0x64a640 is first used
> for domterm-core.css, but then it is re-used for a subsequent request.
>
> Which suggests one of two:
> (1) Re-using an wsi cache entry while it is still in use.
> (2) Some stale information in in the wsi cache is not cleared.
>
> The code is sufficiently complex that I haven't gotten much further.

To test it:

git clone git at github.com:PerBothner/DomTerm.git
# May needs some prerequisite packages.  For example
# if on Fedora: sudo dnf install json-c json-c-devel openssl-dev
cd DomTerm
./configure --with-libwebsockets=/path/to/libwebsockets/build --without-qtwebengine --without-java
make
bin/domterm --no-daemonize --browser

(The --no-daemonize makes it easier to see debugging output
or run domterm under gdb.)

In contrast, adding to --enable-compiled-in-resources to configure works:

./configure --with-libwebsockets=/home/bothner/Software/libwebsockets/build --without-qtwebengine --without-java --enable-compiled-in-resources
make clean

--
	--Per Bothner