[Libwebsockets] How to build client server example

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Sep 13 12:54:33 CEST 2017

On September 13, 2017 6:12:37 PM GMT+08:00, John Brady <bradyj7 at tcd.ie> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there instructions on how to build and run the client server example
>please?

Have a read through this:

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/master/README.test-apps.md

>Should I be building test-client.c? What is the different between
>test-server.c and test-server-http.c? Which one should I use to set up
>demo locally?

If you build lws as normal using default cmake options, both the test client and test server are built and can be run as test apps, libwebsockets-test-server [-v2.0] and libwebsockets-test-client.

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/master/README.build.md

You should use those first.

-Andy