[Libwebsockets] Next lws release coming up

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Apr 25 23:55:13 CEST 2018

On 04/25/2018 09:33 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
> On 04/25/2018 12:57 AM, Andy Green wrote:
>
>> It would be great if lws users confirm current master against their codebase and let me know about any problems.
>
> Just a heads up (or down): I did a pull and re-build (with cmake -DLWS_WITH_SSL=0 -DLWS_WITH_ZIP_FOPS=1 ..).
> And DomTerm fails miserably.
>
> I've started investigating, but just barely.

Looks like this is the commit that broke DomTerm:

commit 8f19a3fa9a96ec5dc72eb04e28679e19c0283ce4
Author: Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com>
Date:   Thu Mar 29 13:32:33 2018 +0800

     network interface: defer bindings to absent network interfaces

     Previously down network interfaces without an IPv4 address are
     removed from the posix api that lists network interfaces.

     That means if you bound a vhost listen socket to a particular
     interface, it will fail at startup time.

     This patch adds these vhosts to a list, starts the vhost without
     a listen socket, and checks to see if the vhost's network interface
     has appeared while the rest of lws is running.

     If it appears, the listen socket is opened on the network interface
     and the vhost becomes reachable.

Next step is to compare log messages with and without the patch to
better see where the "hang" is, and also see if I can understand what
the commit does.
--
	--Per Bothner