[Libwebsockets] Next lws release coming up

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Apr 26 13:33:37 CEST 2018

On 04/26/2018 05:18 PM, Roger Light wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I've not found anything broken in my tests on Linux so far. Is there
> any chance you could update the ABI timeline to the compare 2.4.2 and
> the current master?
>
> https://libwebsockets.org/abi/timeline/libwebsockets/index.html

This is living again... however notice that most of the changes it
"sees" are due to changed cmake defaults, turning off things most people
aren't using

LWS_WITHOUT_EXTENSIONS now defaults to ON

lws_ext_parse_options ( struct lws_extension const* ext, struct lws*
wsi, void* ext_user, struct lws_ext_options const* opts, char const* in,
int len )

LWS_WITH_GENHASH now defaults to OFF

lws_genhash_destroy ( struct lws_genhash_ctx* ctx, void* result )
lws_genhash_init ( struct lws_genhash_ctx* ctx, int type )
lws_genhash_size ( int type )
lws_genhash_update ( struct lws_genhash_ctx* ctx, void const* in, size_t
len )

Actually gone

- lws_read ( struct lws* wsi, unsigned char* buf, lws_filepos_t len )

- lws_alloc_vfs_file ( struct lws_context* context, char const*
filename, uint8_t** buf, lws_filepos_t* amount )

lws_read() was asked to be exported by a user years ago, for external
poll, it no longer has any useful meaning to be exported.

Similarly before release, there will be an soname bump.  So its
complaints about changed constants are moot since it will require a
recompile anyway (and 7 of those, the ones beginning _, are only used
internally).  Same thing with its other "problems" about public struct
sizes changing.

-Andy