[Libwebsockets] Next lws release coming up

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Apr 27 03:55:59 CEST 2018

On 04/26/2018 06:07 PM, Andy Green wrote:

> 0 is actually an invalid port number for tcp.  I didn't imagine anyone was going to bind on port 0 which means "pick a port for me"... but actually that's completely legit.

DomTerm normally runs with no special permissions, and not as a service,
so having the kernel pick a non-reserved port is the right thing.

(I'd like to be able to run DomTerm as a service on a public https port,
but that is not yet supported.)

> Right... I pushed a patch adding a suitable helper api
> +LWS_VISIBLE LWS_EXTERN int
> +lws_get_vhost_listen_port(struct lws_vhost *vhost)
> +{
> +    return vhost->listen_port;
> +}
> +

The main complication I see is dealing with older versions of lws.
I want to at least deal with 2.3.0 (which is in Fedora); older versions
are missing flow control that I use.
Using LWS_LIBRARY_VERSION_NUMBER should work, though.

--
	--Per Bothner