[Libwebsockets] HMAC functions not exported

Gerard Juijn Gerard.Juijn at epay.ingenico.com
Wed Aug 29 13:13:34 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I'm new to libwebsockets. First of all, thanks for a wonderful library! I'm glad I found it and have been able to work with it for some weeks now.

I do have a question about the HMAC functions in lws-genhash.h. For some reason they are not decorated with LWS_VISIBLE LWS_EXTERN.
Is there a reason for this? The next problem I found that if I hack in the decorations the functions actually throw an error from OpenSSL.
I ended up writing my own function using OpenSSL directly, but it would be nice to just rely on libwebsockets API, as it contains everything else I need!

Thanks,
Gerard