[Libwebsockets] How to fix the "SSL_CTX_get_extra_chain_certs_only" error

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Jan 23 09:07:01 CET 2018

On 23/01/18 14:49, Chropin Hu wrote:
> Dear Andy,
>          I reproduced the issue.
>          I use the eclipse to debug lwsws step by step.
> *        work well  case: *

> lwsws[2871]: inserted SSL accept into fds, trying SSL_accept
> lwsws[2871]: lws_ssl_get_error: 0x6434a0 -1 -> 1

> *The different is the line marked as red.*
> *I think the error maybe related to some of the resource leak.*
> *Sometimes, I do not close the server properly,  for example, I just
> random stop the gdb debug.*
> *When I restart the server, it can not work well.*

If you are using lwsws and debugging the child process, unlike a normal
shutdown if it dies the parent process is left there.  Use `killall -9
lwsws` before restarting.

When he's unhappy in your logs, he just responds with SSL_ERROR_SSL and
kills the connection, so something failed at tls level.

Is the date stable on the machine with epiphany?