[Libwebsockets] Libwebsocket supported protocol list

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jan 25 08:42:58 CET 2018

On 25/01/18 15:30, Chropin Hu wrote:
> Dear ALL,
>          I am searching a websoket server that should support the
> following protocol.
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and
> Routing,” Doc. RFC
> 7230, Internet Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230
>
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content,”
> Doc. RFC 7231,
> Internet Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231
>
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Conditional Requests,”
> Doc. RFC 7232,
> Internet Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7232
>
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Range Requests,” Doc. RFC
> 7233, Internet
> Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7233
>
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Caching,” Doc. RFC 7234,
> Internet
> Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7234
>
> IETF: “Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Authentication,” Doc. RFC
> 7235, Internet
> Engineering Task Force, June 2014.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235
>
> IETF: “The WebSocket Protocol,” RFC 6455, Internet Engineering Task
> Force, December
> 2011. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455
>
> Partial File Handling: Suitable handling of partial files is defined in
> clause 7.9.2 of ETSI TS 126 346 [12].
>
> Network redirection: in ETSI TR 126.946 [13], clause 7.2.4.
>
> I am appreciate the answer.

Lws supports http/1.1, ranges, RFC6455 ws, etags, cache control, basic
auth etc.

It also supports http/2.

Does it support everything in each standard?  Doubt it.

The ETSI one is a 242 page standard I never heard of before now

http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/126300_126399/126346/13.06.00_60/ts_126346v130600p.pdf

with some mimetype

application/3gpp-partial

with various rules.

I personally don't care about it and I don't see any reason for me to
implement it.  If you care about it you are welcome to send patches.

Or keep looking for a different solution.

-Andy