[Libwebsockets] libwebsockets on RTOS INtime

Christian Treff Christian.Treff at tenasys.com
Fri Jul 6 11:05:54 CEST 2018

Hello,

I try to port libwebsockets to a x86 based real time OS. Some functions in the platform file are quite obvious and were easily adapted to my needs, but some are not. I do not have any pipe in the OS. I found a platform file for esp32, which simply returns 1, so I did the same. If I try to run the test_server, it comes up with the same messages as on windows. Trying to connect to the server from a browser looks promising in the beginning, but it does not load the complete page and I run into a timeout. If I prolong the timeout, the page looks the same, but the timeout comes later. I can see, the html, js and png file are opened and read from disc. But only the html file makes it to the browser.

So I guess, the pipe is somehow needed to complete the loading? I can also press the button to load the big picture, the file gets opened and some reads are performed, but the file gets never displayed. I guess some handshake about sendout complete is missing.

Should the test-server work without the pipe?
How to debug the not all files are transmitted problem?
Is there something like a porting guide for new platforms?

Best regards

Christian