[Libwebsockets] Sett a Mask

Chropin Hu chropinhu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:16:13 CEST 2018

A client MUST mask all frames that it sends to the server (see Section
5.3 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-5.3> for further
details).

(Note that masking is done whether or not the WebSocket Protocol is
runningover TLS.)

The server MUST close the connection upon receiving a frame that is
not masked.

In this case, a server MAY send a Close frame with a status code of
1002 (protocol error) as defined in Section 7.4.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-7.4.1>.

A server MUST NOT mask any frames that it sends to the client.  A
client MUST close a connection if it detects a masked frame.

In this case, it MAY use the status code 1002 (protocol error) as
defined in Section 7.4.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#section-7.4.1>.  (These rules
might be relaxed in a future specification.)

You can check the spec for more info.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455#page-27