[Libwebsockets] LWS v3.0.0 Windows x64 Client connect issue.

Mooki Moo mookimoo73 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:20:26 CEST 2018

I have an issue using an x64 build of LWS on Windows 10 Pro. I have
built OpenSSL (v1.1.0h) with it passing all of the tests prior to
install.

I configured LWS using the CMake (GUI) and built using Visual Studio
17 (CE) but when I try to connect to the WSS server (running on Arch
Linux) I get a “client connect failed” via the
LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_CONNECTION_ERROR for each of my protocols.

When using either my own VS built LWS test client or the Appveyor
built one on Windows I see a notice in the console that “SSL
disabled”, but using the test client on Linux I see “Using SSL”. The
code used for both clients is identical with the Windows client code a
copy of the Linux one.

It may be worth while pointing out that the LWS version on the server
is v2.4.2-1 and the Windows is built using the new v3.0.0 so the only
thing I can conclude is a version incompatibility, can anyone confirm
or deny this please.

--
Bill