[Libwebsockets] LWS v3.0.0 Windows x64 Client connect issue.

Mooki Moo mookimoo73 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:22:21 CEST 2018

I have made some progress on this this morning and I see that when I
compile the Server and Client and using #ifdef LWS_WITH_SSL in the
code and excluding it from the Makefile the connection is made from
the Windows client and works as expected.

However, with the Linux client, which by coincidence, is on the same
machine as the server, and connecting in both WSS and WS modes I can
only assume that the failure of Windows to initiate a WSS connection
is either down to a Windows 2012 R2 ism or my stupidity. So with the
latter being the favourite I am working on the assumption that the
context's ssl_cert_filepath, ssl_private_key and ssl_ca_filepath are
not required on Windows as LWS will use the internal certificate store
to validate the server certificate presented to it, is this assumption
correct please?

If this is correct then it would appear that this does not work as I
have both the Intermediate and Root certificates installed on the
Windows machine, if I am wrong then I would appreciate some input as
to where I might be going wrong.

--
Bill