[Libwebsockets] OpenSSL 1.1.1 TLSv1.3 Ciphersuites

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Nov 13 23:50:12 CET 2018

On 14/11/2018 04:32, Bernd Muehlbauer wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a way in libwebsockets version 3 to configure TLSv1.3
> Ciphersuites? i.e. call OpenSSL version 1.1.1 LTS function
> SSL_CTX_set_ciphersuites() or SSL_set_ciphersuites()?
> We would like to set ciphers for which our embeded processor has
> built-in hardware support.

On master, there are extra members in struct lws_context_creation_info
that let you control the new OpenSSL apis for TLSv1.3.  The existing
members continue to manage ciphers for tls < 1.3 as before.

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-context-vhost.h#n508-520

It's not going to get backported to v3.0 because it changes the public
api.  But there are only a few more things to look at before master
becomes v3.1.

-Andy