[Libwebsockets] i->pwsi value returned to user in H2 pipeline case

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Nov 15 23:27:51 CET 2018

On 16/11/2018 03:38, Xi Chen wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, Andy.
>
> This is the problem I am facing:
> - I have multiple applications interacting with LWS main thread
> - When callback comes from LWS, I need to reroute them to corresponding
> application (assuming application registers its callback to LWS)
> - Because of this, I need an exact mapping between application's i->pwsi
> to wsi parameter in LWS callback(wsi, ...)
> - In current case, applicaiton 1 gets network wsi (while its LWS
> callback uses stream wsi 1), and application 2 gets stream wsi 2
>
> How to deal with this case, any suggestion?

The wsi "user_space" member and related details from the original client
connection wsi (which becomes the network wsi for h2 in this scenario)
is also migrated to the generated wsi for h2 stream id 1, and removed
from the network wsi.

In other words if you set struct lws_client_connect_info .userdata
member when you create the client connections, binding your own data to
the client connection, this is always coming back appropriately in the
callback user parameter even in the h2 case where the first wsi has changed.

That's how it works in the minimal-client-http-multi example.

-Andy