[Libwebsockets] Fwd: Re: v3.1 very shortly

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Nov 23 02:13:27 CET 2018

On 23/11/2018 02:11, Per Bothner wrote:
> On 11/22/18 9:14 AM, Andy Green wrote:
>
>> For non-cross lws build, cmake generates the necessary cflags part
>> like -I./include automatically, and installs the
>> ./include/libwebsockets dir along with ./include/libwebsockets.h.  To
>> use the include in your application, it doesn't need any extra flags.
>>
>> For cross lws build, you'll have to additionally give it the -I
>> 20181122libwebsockets-master-preRelease3.1/include in your cross cmake
>> file... that should solve it.  Again, to use the include in your
>> application, it doesn't need any extra flags.
>>
>>     Here is what I put in my C files where I use lws:
>>
>>     * #include "libwebsockets.h"
>
> I used to be able to just do:

Thanks for the testing, it's a big help.

>      cmake ..
>      make
> (without 'make install')
>
> Then I could use that:
>      cd . /path/to/DomTerm
>      ./configure
> --with-libwebsockets=/home/bothner/Software/libwebsockets/build
>
> This no longer works.
> It would be nice to create copies or links in build/include/libwebsockets

It's not a supported way, since what is in ./build should really be
opaque to anything else and is subject to change... DESTDIR on make
install is the point you can rely on a sane layout with all the pieces.
But copying the dir doesn't really cost anything, so why not.

I pushed a patch to add this on master.