[Libwebsockets] Gitohashi

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Sep 12 04:24:32 CEST 2018

Hi -

Gitohashi, my replacement for cgit is soon going to be ready for its
first release.

https://warmcat.com/git/gitohashi

I switched over to it for hosting lws and warmcat several weeks ago, it
has become stable AFAICT.

Gitohashi is a daemon based around libgit2 and lws; it can serve
directly or via a unix socket for integration into another server via
its internal lws.  Amongst many other things it integrates with gitolite
ACLs, so you can control which repos should be served by which vhost at
gitolite config.  It's perfectly happy running on an rpi3, unlike cgit
which spawns python for every connection.  It uses the new lws
threadpool stuff to move requests on to their own thread, so stuff like
blame computation doesn't block the event loop.

I'm not sure what the crossover of interest is between lws users and
people who want to serve bare git repos on the web, but if anyone is
interested please kick the tyres and give feedback before the release or
what's not documented enough.

Gitohashi also does i18n, I have attempted to provide
internationalization for Traditional and Simplified Chinese and
Japanese.  (If you visit the link above, you should see your native
language for the parts of the page not coming from the git repo).  If
these are mangled to native speakers, please send me fixes, or you would
like to contribute other internationalizations, just cut and paste this

https://warmcat.com/git/gitohashi/tree/assets/jg2.js#n242-286

with your language correctly filled in... it should be a 10 - 15 minute
job if you are bilingual.  If you want to integrate it yourself so you
can test it see here also

https://warmcat.com/git/gitohashi/tree/assets/jg2.js#n2162-2202