[Libwebsockets] Compiling on ARM - Missing OpenSSL

Stefano Mora stefano.mora at newdep.com
Fri Sep 21 19:20:35 CEST 2018

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to compile the library on a device running Linaro OS (Ubuntu stretch) and an ARM processor.
I cloned the sources and followed the instructions (I've already compiled it on an AMD64 Ubuntu machine...).
I installed the OpenSSL library (I can run openssl command).
When I launch the 'cmake ..' command after a while I receive the error that says that OPENSSL system variables are missing.

In a terminal I typed 'dpkg-query --list opens*' and I see the following packages:
Openssh-client, openssl-server, openssh-sftp-server, openssh.

The only diffence is that on the device filesystem the /usr/include/openssl dir is missing .. but I don't know how to install it.

Thanks!