[Libwebsockets] HS: UPGRADE malformed

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Apr 27 04:16:11 CEST 2019

On April 27, 2019 2:26:55 AM GMT+01:00, Paolo Denti <paolo.denti at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hey Andy
>what's wrong with you? I tried to help anyone that might have the same
>issue as soon as I found a potential solution.

*shrug*  This is FOSS.  Nobody owes you anything.

If you want to provide usable info to try to understand where your problem is coming from, let's do that as I described.  Maybe there's something to do in lws.

You're talking to > 200 people + search engines when you post on this list, while a handful might care about your specific server, nobody cares to have 3 x drama emails from you (so far) in their inbox.

>I am not a maintainer of the library, it is my first time using it, I

I am the maintainer.

>struggled with a potential issue, I found a way to sort out a potential
>fix,

No... a 'fix' is something different that requires definitively understanding the problem and a 'solution' would be figuring out some action that changes things so the root cause can no longer apply.  For example, is this really actually caused by lws, or by your specific server and the other clients being liberal in accepting its deviations?  Your original rant doesn't contain anything useful to tell, because you jumped to a conclusion already without finding out either the mechanism for, or the source of, the problem.

-Andy

and I am posting what I found hoping someone could ask me how to