[Libwebsockets] DLWS_WITH_DISTRO_RECOMMENDED and Fedora

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Sun Feb 10 18:24:37 CET 2019

To see what happens I tried  $ cmake -DLWS_WITH_DISTRO_RECOMMENDED=1 ..

and got:

libev include dir: LIBEV_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND
libev libraries: LIBEV_LIBRARIES-NOTFOUND
libuv include dir: /usr/include
libuv libraries: /usr/lib64/libuv.so
dbus include dir 1: /usr/include/dbus-1.0
dbus include dir 2: /usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include
-- Looking for SSL_CTX_set1_param
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
LIBEV_LIBRARIES
     linked by target "cmTC_65b86" in directory /home/bothner/Software/libwebsockets/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

This seems familiar to me, though I haven't search the mailing list.
More importantly, I haven't found a place the the READMEs that explains
when libev is needs and how to get/enable/disable it, except:

     Distro packagers should select the CMake option "LWS_WITH_DISTRO_RECOMMENDED",
     which selects common additional options like support for various event libraries,
     plugins and lwsws.

(Just trying to figure out what the right thing is.  If LWS_WITH_DISTRO_RECOMMENDED
isn't useful to a distro like Fedora for some perceived or real reason, that seems non-ideal ...)
--
	--Per Bothner