[Libwebsockets] Mem certs when using lws as a server

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 13 16:34:45 CET 2019

On 12/02/2019 22:32, Lasa Martxel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to load tls certificates from memory when using
> libwebsockets + mbedtls as a server?
>
> I have seen the option to do it with lws as a client, but it looks like
> doing the same as a server would require adding extra fields to the
> lws_context_creation_info struct and modifying the
> lws_tls_server_vhost_backend_init in order to pass the new mem cert
> arguments to the lws_tls_server_certs_load call.

Right... actually lws has become very good at abstracting away the "with
mbedtls" or "with openssl" part... every api or arg except some small
cases for backwards compatibility should work exactly the same either way.

I think it's a good idea but it's a little bit of work to implement and
test (both with mbedtls + openssl).  I should have time in the next days.

-Andy