[Libwebsockets] multithreaded client question -- how can a foreign thread signal the service thread when a new connection is needed

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Sat Jan 12 03:31:38 CET 2019

Most of the ws client examples illustrate a client that initializes a context and then creates a client connection right away.

My case is slightly different — at startup I need to create the context and then poll in the service thread, and then some time later a foreign thread needs to connect to a remote endpoint.

I know how a foreign thread can call call lws_callback_on_writable when it has data to write on an existing connection, but how can it signal the service thread so as to cause a new client connection entirely to be made?

Dave