[Libwebsockets] LWS_WITHOUT_DAEMONIZE=OFF

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jan 23 11:09:32 CET 2019

On 23/01/2019 17:05, Vitaly Shevtsov wrote:
> When this option is used, this compile error occured:
> <ommited>/libwebsockets/lib/misc/daemonize.c:85:15: error: comparison of
> integer expressions of different signedness: ‘__pid_t’ {aka ‘int’} and
> ‘unsigned int’ [-Werror=sign-compare]
>    if (getpid() == pid_daemon)
>
> I think it should be: if ((unsigned)getpid() == pid_daemon)

Thanks... I think the underlying problem is everything using pids should
be using pid_t.  I pushed a patch on master and v3.1-stable that does
that and confirmed it builds.

Now systemd can basically daemonize services for you the original style
daemonization is not so useful in many cases.  But it should at least
build...