[Libwebsockets] possible to fork a process per connection (ws server)?

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Mon May 20 21:58:23 CEST 2019

Wondering if it is possible to have a ws server where I am able to fork a new process per incoming connection, and the service thread in that process takes over that connection.  I realize there are a lot of alternative ways of doing things, and I would not want to do it this way either, except that I have to process the incoming audio with a 3rd-party library that is not thread-safe.  I’m afraid having a global mutex in a single multithreaded process would just slow everything down so for this need it would seem better if I could somehow fork processes..