[Libwebsockets] Unit Tests

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Feb 25 20:51:46 CET 2020

On February 25, 2020 7:38:04 PM GMT, Pranjali Chumbhale <pranjalic at safeai.ai> wrote:
>Hello Team,
>
>I am looking to use libwebsockets, but I do not see any unit tests for
>this
>library.
>
>Could you let me know which tests are used?

There's a dedicated dir here for api tests

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/minimal-examples/api-tests

Around 60 variants of the minimal examples are run in travis for a range of scenarios each push...

https://travis-ci.org/warmcat/libwebsockets/jobs/654899182#L2054

The exact mix depend on which of the 20 build config variations (on osx and ubuntu) is running.

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/.travis.yml

146 h2 compliance tests from h2spec and tested on each push (we pass them all)

https://travis-ci.org/warmcat/libwebsockets/jobs/654899182#L2203

Normally a full set of autobahn ws tests for client + server are also run on travis, but travis' python broke on the 22nd it's disabled until that's fixed.

We also run h2 server stress tests on travis each push, and 6 build variants on appveyor (windows).

Not enough testing on your free library?  Contribute some, FOSS is a two-way street.

-Andy