[Libwebsockets] Firefox client websocket error

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 26 11:08:02 CET 2020

On 2/26/20 9:56 AM, Sumit Dubey wrote:
> a) does this happen with, eg, libwebsockets-test-server and the browser
> at localhost:7681?
> The issue is happening in a very specific case. Wont be easy to reproduce.

If there's something wrong with lws causing this, it's my problem and
I'll try to debug and fix it.

If it doesn't happen without your code, you should try to disable your
code until almost none of it left and see if the problem is still
coming, so we can agree it's an lws issue.  If not and there's just
something wrong with your code, it's your problem, not something I need
to spend time on.

> b) if you're using permessage-deflate, still happen if you disable it?
> Happening with or without permessage-deflate
>
> c) what does firefox Web Developer | Network say?
> Haven't posted it yet. There are many such issues on Google, but no
> definite solutions.

No I mean, in Firefox, hit the burger menu at the top left and select
"Web Developer" and then "Network" in the menu, then reload the page.

Recent firefox shows ws traffic and sometimes useful info in there if
it's open when you request the page.

-Andy