[Libwebsockets] I may find a bug on lws_write behaviour

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Feb 28 13:34:46 CET 2020

On 2/28/20 11:49 AM, 雷 鸣 wrote:
> 在 Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:40:52 +0800,Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> 写道:
>
> Thank you for your explanation. I have maintained the 1:1 relationship
> in my code and it works.
>
> May I have a suggestion? It may be better if the behavior for additional
> writable callback could be appended to the comment/documentation of
> lws_write.
>
> Another aspect, is there any plan to offer API that will return sent
> bytes instead of buffering them? It looks like a solution to the
> problem.
>
> I have another problem that LWS_MAX_SMP defined to 1 on Windows and seems
> to be on purpose according to cmakelists. Is it a temporary limit?

All of the (optional) stuff in lws around forking or threads is done and
tested using unix vfork / fork() and pthreads.  If windows supports that
it might just work (I know it doesn't have fork(), but it might have
pthreads).  I have no use for windows so other than trying to keep it
building for users who are using it, windows support relies on windows
users to contribute whatever is needed.

If you're interested in this and want to make it work I'll try to help.

-Andy