[Libwebsockets] MQTT Over Libwebsocket

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jul 2 07:41:11 CEST 2020

On 7/1/20 9:53 PM, Felix Zhang wrote:
> Hi Libwebsockets team,
>
> I have been using libwebsockets for a long time, I'm very happy with it.
> when looking at the latest version, I see libwebsockets support MQTT
> now, which is what I would like to use.
> but from the example, I only see pure MQTT examples, but not MQTT over
> websocket.

Yes at the moment, it just addresses direct MQTT client.

> I'm new to the MQTT part, could you please confirm if we support MQTT
> over websocket so far.
> if yes, could please give me some point on how to support it?

No the MQTT stuff was contributed and the contributor was not interested
in mqtt-over-ws.  So there is additional work to do to wire them up, you
are very welcome to contribute a patch for it if you want it.  Otherwise
it will have to wait until I find a reason to want it and do it, or
someone else contributes the work.

> could you also confirm if MQTT support in the libwebsockets is v5 only?

It's in v4.0 and later.  There is no v5 yet, next release soon will be v4.1.

-Andy