[Libwebsockets] clarification on struc lws_protocols

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jun 4 15:08:16 CEST 2020

On 6/4/20 1:47 PM, Alessandro Longobardi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i’m using libwebsockets 3.2.2 under Raspbian stretch.
>
> Using command ss -tm
> (https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages//man8/ss.8.html
> <https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/ss.8.html>) I can see the
> memory settings of my websockets:

> I have the following question: why if I change the value of
> rx_buffer_size of struc lws_protocols, and then is use command ss -tm in
>   memory stat the <snd_buf> is affected by rx_buffer_size? I’m expecting
> that tx_buffer_size affects <snd_buf> …am I wrong?

IIUI this is a backwards compatibility thing... originally you could
only set rx_buffer_size and it was also used to set the tx size.

Later (many years ago now) the struct protocols was added to allow
setting the tx size separately...

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-protocols-plugins.h#n75-83