[Libwebsockets] 4.0.16 server log

andy at warmcat.com andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jun 18 15:51:19 CEST 2020

On June 18, 2020 1:42:59 PM UTC, "Vadlamani, Srikar (US)" <Srikar.Vadlamani at cubic.com> wrote:
>Andy,
>
>I am upgrading my library from 2.4.2 to 4.0.16.
>
>I am using libev as the event library, and seems like in 4.0.16 all the
>event loop related stuff is automatically initialized.
>
>[2020/06/17 22:04:30:2214] I: lws_cancel_service
>
>indicates to me that the event loop is not starting properly. is there

No it doesn't indicate any problem... the name is a bit misleading...  It means something wanted to make sure the event loop woke, in a few cases lws issues it itself, there's one at context creation to avoid a corner case.

>anything new in the way I need to configure?
>

>LWS_SERVER_OPTION_LIBEV |
>                                 LWS_SERVER_OPTION_DO_SSL_GLOBAL_INIT |
>                             LWS_SERVER_OPTION_REDIRECT_HTTP_TO_HTTPS |
>                                  LWS_SERVER_OPTION_VALIDATE_UTF8 |
>                           LWS_SERVER_OPTION_ALLOW_NON_SSL_ON_SSL_PORT;

AFAIK there is no problem.  It's up, and waiting for something to happen.  If no network or scheduled events coming, no event callbacks will come and the thread stays asleep.  That's how it should act.