[Libwebsockets] "<Openssl/ssl.h> not found" error during android compilation

Dorian Green doriangreen97 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 23:25:12 CEST 2020


Environment: Ubuntu
Android-ndk-r21d
libwebsockets-4.0.19
openssl-1.1.1g
zlib 1.2.11

1. I compiled zlib 1.2.11 for android-16 armeabi-v7a no problem.

2. I used the "Notes.Android" and compiled openssl-1.1.1g for android no
problem.

3. began configuring libwebsockets, I set DLWS_OPENSSL_LIBRARIES and
DLWS_OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIRS everything went well with ./Configure and openssl
related functions and etc were found successfully.

4. But, during the make process i keep getting. libwebsockets.h:250:10:
fatal error: 'openssl/ssl.h' file not found
#include <openssl/ssl.h>

Things I have tried:
1. verified my DLWS_OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIRS and DLWS_OPENSSL_LIBRARIES are
correct.
2. tried including the headers via make
-I/and_the_path_to_the_openssl_headers.
3. making sure openssl-development headers are installed.

What i am expecting:
Just looking for general pointers or ideas as to how to resolve this issue,
thanks you for reading :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://libwebsockets.org/pipermail/libwebsockets/attachments/20200627/5c8a1c5d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Libwebsockets mailing list