[Libwebsockets] systemd socket-activation with libwebsockets

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Mar 26 20:06:30 CET 2020

On 3/26/20 6:42 PM, Sean Haugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any information on using systemd socket-activation with
> libwebsockets? I tried using lws_adopt_descriptor_host, and although I
> can see that my application owns the fd in lsof -i -a -p $PID, I'm not
> sure how to actually use the returned wsi in the LWS event loop. Any
> help with this would be much appreciated.

Lws supports "adopting" foreign client sockets with specific apis for
it, but this is basically adopting a prepped listen socket, it's not
supported today.  For udp the distinction shouldn't matter but it does
for tcp.

If you're interested in making a patch for it, the business end for
listen sockets in lws starts here

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/lib/roles/http/server/server.c#n178-192

-Andy