[Libwebsockets] lws_adopt_socket() vs. external polling

John Peter Norair jpnorair at indigresso.com
Fri May 22 18:14:19 CEST 2020

Hi LWS readers:

A few days ago I asked some questions about external polling.  In the time since, I’ve been experimenting with custom and standard-builds of LWS, and it’s my impression that external polling is not always compiled-in to LWS.

I ended up using lws_adopt_descriptor_vhost() to allow the LWS service loop manage everything.  This seems like a more portable solution than external polling.

My software is for bridging arbitrary UNIX or ubus sockets onto websockets.  Perhaps it can be optimized with LWS integrated proxying, but I’ll explore that later.  If anyone is interested in such software, it’s on github now (albeit still a rough alpha): https://github.com/jpnorair/wfedd <https://github.com/jpnorair/wfedd>

Best regards,
JPN