[Libwebsockets] Lws sequencer event ordering

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Nov 7 17:37:05 CET 2020

On 11/7/20 4:10 PM, Joe Shaver wrote:
> Hi, does lws_seq_queue_event cause events to be called back in priority
> queue order? I working on an example that seems to indicate that
> lws_service is woken in priority queue order, but the sequencer events
> still pop out in fifo order? Is that how it works,nor does it sound like
> I'm doing something wrong?

I don't know what you mean by "woken in priority queue order".

If you are using LWS_MAX_SMP > 1, the event loops are completely
independent and uncoordinated.

If it's the default poll() wait, fds with events are handled in fd index
order on Unix, which has no particular meaning.

The sequencer stuff adds events to the tail of its linked-list, so
always a FIFO.

Maybe you should describe what you're trying to achieve, there might be
a way to get closer to it.