[Libwebsockets] disconnection after 310 secondes

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Sep 29 14:57:38 CEST 2020

On 9/29/20 1:48 PM, Peiffer Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have put libwebsockets trace to the max in order to see  what's happened.
> And just before I receive the LWS_CALLBACK_CLOSED I have the following
> traces:
>

> level: 8 log: lws_validity_cb: wsi 0x7f66ac00dad0: *validity too old*

If your connections are actually doing stuff in both directions during
this time, you can notify lws using lws_validity_confirmed(wsi) when you
saw something that means the connection must be working in both directions

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-timeout-timer.h#n329-349

and it will reset this timeout.

At context / vhost creation time you can set the timeouts

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-context-vhost.h#n728-731

point to a lws_retry_bo_t and set these (in secs)

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-retry.h#n29-30

if you don't, they use the context default which is for ~5min.