[Libwebsockets] TLS session cache and reuse, lws_tls_session_new_cb() not executed by BoringSSL

Catalin Raceanu cra at mega.nz
Wed Apr 28 17:25:46 CEST 2021

On 27.04.2021 22:09, andy at warmcat.com wrote:
> that would also be improved if there was common code supporting a new lws sul in the cache entry struct, scheduled by handshake completion for eg +500ms, basically it's the stand-in for the async cb neither mbedtls nor boringssl provided.  I am not at my pc but IIRC we can query the SESSION from the SSL

I've opened PR-2285 <https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/pull/2285>
with a smaller change, because even though I think I correctly used the
`sul` schedule, I could not find a way to get the `SSL` from the
`SESSION` (only the latter is kept in a member of the tls structure).

The PR only adds a synthetic cb, used only with boringssl, which so far
reported the received session as "resumable" every time. It can also be
improved later if it will prove to be insufficient.

Regards,

Catalin