[Libwebsockets] Trouble getting off the ground with minimal examples

Mike J. Bell ckimyt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:11:59 CEST 2021

Newbie question.  I'm trying to demonstrate something like the following:

LWS-ws-client  <->  LWS-ws-raw-proxy  <->  netcat server

I tried out minimal examples to accomplish this.  The LWS-ws-client I used
was minimal-ws-client-rx, the LWS-ws-raw-proxy was minimal-ws-raw-proxy,
and netcat is netcat of course.  This worked "downstream" when I typed
things in at the netcat window, they were transmitted down through the raw
proxy to the ws client listener.  (I had to modify the protocol name but
once I did that it worked fine).

But what I want to do is ALSO schedule (on a regular basis is fine)
messages to be sent from the ws-client "upstream" through the raw proxy so
that netcat prints them out.

My question is, can someone point me to a minimal-ws-client example that
both sends messages AND receives them over ws, so I can connect it to the
raw proxy?  Or, perhaps, suggest a jumping off point for merging two
examples to accomplish what I want?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

--
Mike J. Bell on gmail