[Libwebsockets] how to build libwebsocket package using "configure"

madhan reddy madhanreddy433 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 09:13:10 CEST 2021

Hi All,

As part of my project I need to cross compile and install LWS in my
platform. I am able to build it using "cmake" on my VM with the steps below.

git clone https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/tree/v4.2-stable
<https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets.git>
cd ibwebsockets-4.2-stable
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install

with these steps installation is done but it is showing this version "
*4.2.1-unknown*", why is it showing unknown in version?

If I want to build the same using "configure", how can I proceed?

Could anyone please provide the steps to build the package using
"configure" instead of cmake?

Regards,
Madhan