[Libwebsockets] cmake: Failed to generate SSL certificate for Test Server using cmd.exe

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Feb 12 15:56:53 CET 2021

On 2/12/21 2:44 PM, biolaser at frii.com wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> The cert is now successfully generated! Many thanks!!!
>
> As a side point (I hope not serious):
>
> When building libwebsockets I get the following error, which I resolved by
> changing the two projects' settings to not treat warnings as errors:
>
>    openssl-server.c
> C:\usr\libwebsockets\libwebsockets\lib\tls\openssl\openssl-server.c(434,9):
> error C2220: the following warning is treated as an error
> [C:\usr\libwebsockets\libwebsockets\build\lib\websockets.vcxproj]
> C:\usr\libwebsockets\libwebsockets\lib\tls\openssl\openssl-server.c(434,9):
> warning C4996: 'EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name': Since OpenSSL 3.0

Are you building OpenSSL 3?  It is not released yet and contains API
changes that cause some things to choke.  The latest actually released
openssl is 1.1.1i.

Those errors are very unclear, it means to say they are deprecated APIs?

I do build against openssl 3 in Sai

https://libwebsockets.org/sai/index.html?task=29e5b570a0c6e55a26ab899d65d7d827a6e5a077cd07f80fa0c80dd092b60c38

and he builds all the features fine except the LWS_WITH_GENCRYPTO stuff,
it uses APIs that were removed in the OpenSSL 3 version I build against,
from earlier in 2020.  So the CI build tests with that disabled until I
or some hero has time to uplevel the affected pieces.