[Libwebsockets] lwsws build on linux mint 20.1

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 02:24:48 CEST 2021

Hi,

I don't really understand all the cmake stuff. But on my linux system the
"main" branch does not build lwsws. I have to add -luv to get the link to
work.

In .../libwebsockets/lwsws/CMakeFiles/lwsws.dir/link.txt if I change to
this it works:

/usr/bin/cc   -rdynamic CMakeFiles/lwsws.dir/main.o  -o lwsws  -lwebsockets
-luv

Here is the cmake output:

.../libweb/libwebsockets/lwsws$ cmake .  -DLWS_WITH_LWSWS=1
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No project() command is present.  The top-level CMakeLists.txt file must
  contain a literal, direct call to the project() command.  Add a line of
  code such as

    project(ProjectName)

  near the top of the file, but after cmake_minimum_required().

  CMake is pretending there is a "project(Project)" command on the first
  line.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.16)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:52 (add_dependencies):
  Policy CMP0046 is not set: Error on non-existent dependency in
  add_dependencies.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0046" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  The dependency target "websockets" of target "lwsws" does not exist.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: .../libweb/libwebsockets/lwsws

Regards, Steve