[Libwebsockets] minimal_ws_server_threadpool crashes when timeout set to low value

Lars Buchholz ld.b at gmx.net
Sat Jun 19 17:23:50 CEST 2021

While trying to understand how the timeout mechanism works, I changed
the PENDING_TIMEOUT_THREADPOOL in the minimal_ws_server_threadpool
example from its 30 seconds initial value (where everything works as
expected) to just 10 seconds. The server starts normally and the example
still works fine until about 10 seconds after the client connection has
been established the server crashes with bad_access in function
lws_cancel_service().

I am running the example on an older version of macOS (as my hardware is
no longer supported for the latest version) which might be the reason
for the crash. Can anyone reproduce the described behavior on another
system? Many thanks in advance.

Best

Lars