[Libwebsockets] LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_NEW_CLIENT_INSTANTIATED

Gregory Kip gkip at permusoft.com
Fri Mar 19 22:55:34 CET 2021

Andy,

Thanks for all you do.

I’m transitioning my LWS client from v2.4.0 to v4.1.7, which builds cleanly on Mac OS 11.2.3 using:

-DLWS_WITHOUT_SERVER=ON -DLWS_WITH_HTTP2=ON -DLWS_WITH_LEJP=ON -DLWS_WITH_LEJP_CONF=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG

My client code also builds cleanly after updating to lws_set_timer_usec and new lws_callback_reasons values. But I have a problem when connecting to a 3rd-party service. I get a LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_NEW_CLIENT_INSTANTIATED callback after a failed connection. Not sure what is happening — I thought I was turning the server off at build time. Also, the same client code without changes runs and connects using LWS v2.4.0.

Debug log attached, I inserted the LWS_CALLBACK_SERVER_NEW_CLIENT_INSTANTIATED.

Thanks again,

Gregory Kip
Permusoft Corporation
gkip at permusoft.com