[Libwebsockets] lws_ssl_client_connect1 error

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon May 3 21:30:04 CEST 2021

On 5/3/21 3:32 PM, András Bondor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to track down an issue where I'm facing a
> "lws_ssl_client_connect1" after connecting to a websocket.

What do the logs actually say?

> If I add LCCSCF_ALLOW_INSECURE next to the existing LCCSCF_USE_SSL to
> the lws_client_connect_info.ssl_connection flag, there are no errors,
> but I'm not receiving any data.

If the peer cert is supposed to be correct, you should look into what's
the problem with validating it, rather than basically defeat any
validation with the flag.

> Any ideas on how do I debug this issue?

Look at the logs... also ws may connect just fine, the protocol, eg, may
not send you anything until you send something first.

But you cannot understand anything without looking at the logs.