[Libwebsockets] [EXTERNAL] Re: mounts entry in lws_context_creation_info structure for HTTP MULTIPART POST

andy at warmcat.com andy at warmcat.com
Tue May 25 10:32:47 CEST 2021

On May 25, 2021 8:21:55 AM UTC, Avigail Wilk <awilk at kramerav.com> wrote:

>1. our need is to implement a REST API, for every HTTP request
>GET/POST/PUT we would like to trigger the Application differently and
>build a response differently based on the URI.

So you can handle this in the protocol callback... POST needs handling differently but the examples should show the way, eg

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/minimal-examples/http-server/minimal-http-server-dynamic

>2. We have the need to play with HEADERS and change HTTP headers for
>every HTTP response (from a security aspect), how can we inject this ?

Look  through the examples.

>3. We need to maintain Basic HTTP authentication mechanism working
>based on private data and not based on an external file.

https://libwebsockets.org/git/libwebsockets/tree/include/libwebsockets/lws-callbacks.h#n297-304

-Andy