[Libwebsockets] Configuration questions.

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 02:04:53 CET 2021

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 8:33 PM Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> I would suggest looking closely at the mirror protocol example.  Because
> making it robust against flooding as well as handling many users, is not
> that straightforward.  You might find you will get better results basing
> off or just straight out using the mirror example, it distributes
> whatever it receives, utf-8 or whatever.
>
> -Andy

OK, much more complicated than the protocol_lws_status.c. If I read it
correctly, the locking all disappears in a single thread version. None of
the other protocols use this locking. What is different?

Also it looks like the mirror just drops transfers under load. Is there a
way to refuse connections if the server is overloaded?

If a single socket will max out at say 20 clients, Is there a way to refuse
a connection or send to another vhost?

If a client disconnects or has bad net-weather, the server needs to know
using say a timeout, but dropping data while connected will mess up a game.

I do appreciate the help, Thanks, Steve