[Libwebsockets] can no more open web socket with lws_client_connect_via_info when a higher number of websocket are already open

Peiffer Eric eric.peiffer at al-enterprise.com
Wed Nov 17 17:03:47 CET 2021

Hi,

We use libwebsockets 4.1 on linux debian 10. The last week we uncounter an issue when a high numbers of websocket are  opened. After about 150.000 outgoing web socket connection are opened ,lws_client_connect_via_info return null.

I thought we reached the limit of the system in terms of fd. But my system team said me that the fd limit is up to 1.000.000 per CPU core.

In my application I have put fd_limit_per_thread to 0 then I thought that libwebsocket can use all fd of the system.

How can I debug what is happened in the lws_client_connect_via_infofunction?

How can I get the value of errno though libwebsocket?

Regards,

Eric