[Libwebsockets] Differences between 3.2 and 4.x

Paweł Konowalski pawel.konowalski.delta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:52:08 CET 2021

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade the library to the latest version.

My application exposes http[s] and ws[s] services and makes multiple
http client requests (REST) in parallel.
It uses an external loop (ppoll) to handle connection sockets.

With version 3.2 everything works fine, as expected. In all cases.

With version 4.2 it is also fine except when there is no response to
http (REST) client requests. In such case the server part stops
responding to requests. When client requests come back to normal,
everything also returns to normal.

With version 4.3 the application crashes when calling
lws_create_context().

The library configuration is more or less the same. Have I missed
something?

What direction should I focus when troubleshooting?

BR
Paweł Konowalski